Mumbai Indians became the first team to win four IPL titles after defeating Chennai Super Kings by one run in a thrilling final, on Sunday.
Earlier, batting first Mumbai Indians posted 149/8 against Chennai Super Kings in the IPL final. Kieron Pollard top-scored for MI with an unbeaten 41 off 25 balls. Deepak Chahar was the star with the ball picking up 3/26 while Shardul Thakur and Imran Tahir took two wickets each for CSK.
- Earlier, Mumbai Indians won the toss and skipper Rohit Sharma elected to bat first against Chennai Super Kings.
- Earlier, Kieron Pollard’s 41 helped Mumbai Indians to score 149/8 in 20 overs.
- As for CSK, Deepak Chahar finished with outstanding figures of 3/26. Imran Tahir and Shardul Thakur scalped two wickets each.
- Lasith Malinga redeemed himself as he dismissed Shardul Thakur on the last ball of the match and with that Mumbai beat Chennai by 1 run to claim the title.
- This is Mumbai Indians’ fourth crown and they became the first team to do so.
- Subhman Gill (KKR): Emerging player of the year
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Playing in right spirit award
- Hardik Pandya (MI): Fastest fifty of the season
- Andre Russell (KKR): Super striker of the season
- KL Rahul (KXIP) : Stylish player of the season
- Rahul Chahar (MI): Gamechanger of the season